Tuesday, April 8, 2014

super colorful + healthy lunch bowl.

I've been seriously neglecting my nutrition lately.  A lot of fried foods, a lot of tacos, a lot of rice, and a lot of just whatever I want. And while I know I should add a side salad, I just can't help myself.  It's all just so good. All of this indulging is finally catching up and my body has had about enough. Summer is looming and while I would prefer to feel okay in a swimsuit, I also just want to be feel healthier. So I have given myself a goal to adapt some healthier habits by my birthday (about 9 weeks from now).
First step: add some color to my plate as often as I can. 

I came across this recipe and decided to start here. 

Healthy Lunch Bowl

mixed arugula, baby spinach and kale
heirloom carrots
boiled beets
roasted sweet potatoes
roasted brussel sprouts
avocado
salt + peper

I prepped everything Sunday morning, threw them in my lunch bag, and put it all together at work. Easy. This time I left out the lentils, chickpeas and hummus, but I think I'll add them for extra filling on the next round. I'll also probably add beets only every once in awhile--they're a little pricey and a lot of a mess. You can easily mix and match to fit your own taste. I am looking forward to trying a lot of variations on this and maybe adding a little lemon juice. Love me some vegetables.

(Original Recipe\Style Within Reach)

No comments:

Post a Comment