Monday, March 17, 2014

what we are looking for.

We're starting the arduous process of finding a place to live. Small thing, right? I've never lived in a place that truly felt like me--it's always been generic apartments or my parents' homes. So now as we look for a home that we plan to stay in for more than one lease-term, there are a few things I am looking for. We are armed with our short list of nonnegotiables--the boring things like washer/dryer hookups in unit, allows dogs, etc. I know we won't find everything--or even most things--but that won't stop me from looking for something that's beautiful as well. 
Some of the things on the wishlist: fireplace, built-ins, hardwood floors, white walls and lots of windows. Keeping my expectations in check is a never-ending battle, but natural light is a must for my sanity. I probably need to go ahead and move that to the "nonnegotiables" list now.
When it comes down to it, I'm just after a bright space with a little character that we can settle into for a bit. Fingers crossed it's not too much to ask. 

sources:
bedroom via the design files, photo by sean fennessy, production by lucy feagins / the design files.
fireplace via sfgirlbybay, photos by elizabeth jones for common bond design
living room via designlovefest, photos by angela kohler


No comments:

Post a Comment