Thursday, March 27, 2014

holiday from real.


Everything in Transit by Jack's Mannequin came out in August 2005. I was a high school senior and could not play that album enough--driving the dark windy road that ran between my house and my part-time job at the mall, or the quiet streets of our little town as I traveled between friends houses. It's amazing to me how often I think of the song "Holiday From Real", particularly just that phrase. I love it and I don't think I will ever stop loving it.

But that really has nothing to do with anything. Except that my mind works in very strange connections and I have fully given myself over to them.

I'm always looking for inspirations, even in the most unsuspecting of places. I saw these four pictures on pinterest and was kind of amazed by how perfectly complimentary they are to one another. Each seemed to be a piece of a perfect vacation. A little "holiday from real" if you will. Right now, we are in a bit of a transition period and while big exciting things are happening, planning a big vacation just isn't realistic--for our schedules or our budget. So for now I will just keep dreaming, and maybe scheming a bit, too.

credits: image 1, image 2, image 3, image 4

No comments:

Post a Comment