Wednesday, November 6, 2013

read | harry potter.


I'm quite possibly the only person under the age of 30 who hasn't read these books through. My sister was obsessed (obsessed) from book no.1 and I was thirteen, too cool for school, so I refused to get sucked in. Then as I started to realize I actually enjoyed the movies, I decided to give the books a try. But I jumped around, and I had a lot of school reading to do and you see I just never got around to reading them all. So here I am, reading my way straight through the seven books. I started about a month ago and am currently in the middle of no. 3 (The Prisoner of Azkaban). I won't give you a synopsis because, well, obiously. But I will tell you that reading these back-to-back has left me feeling a little out of touch with reality--in the best possible way. I feel much more connected to the characters and the wizarding-world than if I had decided to space them out. Everything somehow relates back to Harry Potter, everything is fresh in my mind. And life at Hogwarts is a lot more interesting than reality. I'm sure this road is bound to leave me feeling deeply depressed about my muggle life when I close the cover of no.7, but for now I am enjoying my stay in the wizarding world. 

2 comments:

  1. My advice for every person delving into the Potter-realm for the first (or first real) time, is to enjoy the ride. It's a bear at times to endure, but you will find yourself loving, hating, crying with and giving much of yourself to the characters in the story. It's incredible how you grow with them. I'm jealous that you are getting to experience this truly for the first time, because no matter how many times you re-read them, it's never quite the same as discovering the world with Harry that very first time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am loving this journey!

      Delete