Tuesday, August 6, 2013

juice beauty.



Towards the end of high school I saw the onset of acne. I tried to cover it with layers of make-up. I saw tanning help clear it, so I ignored the warnings against the UV rays. I lived in fear of new products causing flare ups and dreaded that six-week wait period that inevitably followed any new prescription. I was generally uneducated about skincare and I was embarrassed and ashamed. It wasn't until I graduated college that I found a prescription that worked for my now "adult" acne. And with that clearing, I saw my skin and the damage I was doing. So now here I am at 25, feeling far more comfortable in my own skin and deeply interested in the things I can do to take care of myself from exercising to skincare. As a result, I have become somewhat of a skincare junkie.

I stumbled upon Juice Beauty a bit ago and recently decided to give their products a try. Overall, I am completely in love with these products. The Cleansing Milk, Green Apple Peel and Antioxidant Serum being my favorite of the set. The Nutrient Moisturizer is a little heavy for my liking, especially in July/August in the mid-west. I plan to revisit it in those cold, dry winter months when a heavy moisturizer is much needed. I've also found that the Hydrating Mist is nice, though, maybe not completely necessary as part of my morning/night routine. I do like spritzing a little on my face after a workout and I am excited to try it out at the end of August in New Orleans where my skin needs a refresher more often.  I love that these products are organic-- I don't know if the price-tag that comes with that is something I can justify for everyday use, but I will definitely keep returning to these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment