Wednesday, July 24, 2013

cicadas and fireflies.



The summer sun sets, the cicadas chorus comes to life and the fireflies bounce around. I watch my Beau Beau eagerly run through the yard.  My return to reality after an all too brief weekend at the lake. But for a moment, I am able to hold onto this quiet summer evening, and I stop to take it in. I find a lot of reasons to be unhappy, a lot of small things to complain about. I dwell on what other's may have, that I might want. But in these quiet moments, I am reminded that I have so much to be thankful for. At the very least, thankful for this moment surrounded by the summer night.

1 comment:

  1. I miss fireflies. I didn't realize there were parts of this country without the magic of tiny flashlights blinking in the night.

    ReplyDelete