Wednesday, May 29, 2013

twenty five things.


My birthday is always a little weird for me, more so with each passing year. When the focus is on me, I grow tense. Defensive, a little biting, embarrassed, and almost ashamed. Ashamed that I am so uncomfortable with attention, I suppose. But in all of the negative, I am always appreciative of my loved ones I am so fortunate to spend my birthday with, and of the opportunity to face another year ahead.  To help me reflect on the year past and to celebrate the year to come, I make a list of things I want to accomplish before my next birthday. Some are big goals (a trip abroad or run a half-marathon), and some are small (bake pies). The rule is that the list is as long as I am years old--this year, 25 things. As my birthday approaches this weekend, I have most of my list written out, still thinking about the last few to add. And after reading through, I am excited to see what 25 has in store for me. I think this year will be a good one.

image via

No comments:

Post a Comment