Wednesday, April 10, 2013

currently reading | grace, a memoir.


I had no idea that a memoir by the creative director of Vogue would capture me the way this book did. Her voice, her anti-social and highly anxious temperament, and her candor. Oh and all. of that. red. hair.  I was hooked. Grace, A Memoir by Grace Coddington reads like a conversation with an old friend--the kind you haven't seen in years, but when you meet for coffee, it's like you never missed a day. While I found her not always likable, she was absolutely relatable. Some parts read more like a list of the who's-who of fashion over the last thirty years (and why wouldn't it?) which I found easy to just skim through. But overall, if you are even moderately into fashion and enjoy a good memoir from time to time, I would definitely recommend this book to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment