Tuesday, April 16, 2013

blossoms.


Washington, D.C., 2010

Amidst still barren trees and the white flowers of the dogwood, there are a few trees full of pink blossoms speckling the neighborhood. There's something so special and inviting about these trees. And instantly I am taken back to my memories of Washington D.C. this time of year. Cherry blossoms and  other pink blooms blanketing the city. It was kind of spectacular.

edit: I wrote this post before news of the tragedy in Boston. In the wake of past tragedies (Aurora, Newtown, the list goes on), I have often found myself staring at these pictures and others from my travels. Images of hope, of light, of joy. And the words of Dr. King echo in my head, "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only love can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate,;only love can do that." Be good to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment